Terms and Conditions | fly.co.uk
Terms and Conditions of Unister GmbH
A) General terms and conditions of Unister GmbH for the use of the website
full. In these Booking Conditions references to "you" and "your" include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred.
Unister GmbH acts only as an agent in respect of all bookings of flight services made or taken on your behalf (‘services’). Unister GmbH accepts no liability in relation to any contract you enter with the airlines featured on this website or for the acts or omissions of any airline(s), other supplier(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any flights. For all flight bookings, your contract will be with the airline or other supplier of the flights identified on your confirmation. When making your booking Unister GmbH will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable provider of the flight service(s) ‘service provider’. Your booking is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific booking conditions of the relevant service provider(s) you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. The services provider(s)’ terms and conditions may limit and/or exclude the services provider's liability to you.
The contract between you and the service provider shall be concluded once the service provider confirms your requested service. Therefore, the following terms and conditions apply exclusively to the agency booking service of Unister GmbH and do not have any influence on the terms and conditions which apply to the performance of the services being booked.
I. Booking Request
- By completing the booking form and submitting the booking you enter a binding contract with Unister GmbH for Unister GmbH to request a service provider to provide a service to you This booking request will be an offer to a service provider to provide a service to you on the terms detailed in the booking. The email sent to you by Unister GmbH following the booking request is only a summary and acknowledgement of receipt of the binding booking request.
- A binding contract between you and the service provider in question for the provision of the service will not come into effect until the service provider in question has issued its ticket or own confirmation to you.
- If during the booking request, you select any special requests, Unister GmbH cannot guarantee fulfillment of these requests. Unister GmbH will not insure that the respective service provider will comply with these non-binding special requests.
- Please note that the indicated booking fields (in particular e-mail address, name and credit card details) must be filled in accurately, otherwise errors may occur which Unister GmbH shall not be liable for.
II. Service provider’s General Terms and Conditions
If a booking request is accepted by the service provider, the service provider’s General Terms and Conditions shall apply to its contract for the provision of a service to you. These provisions may regulate, for example, liability, cancellations, changes in bookings, refunds, and terms of payment as well as other special terms. Links to the respective service provider's General Terms and Conditions are provided at the time their services are selected. You must confirm that you have read and accepted the service provider’s General Terms and Conditions before submitting your booking request.
III. Confirmation of booking request, correction of data
The contract between you and the respective service provider shall only come into effect when the service provider issues its own ticket or confirmation. Please check your ticket or confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to Unister GmbH immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport. Unister GmbH has no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by Unister GmbH. If Unister GmbH does not receive notice of any errors within the time limits prescribed, later changes can not be made.
IV. Prices, Fees, Charges and collection of the travel price
- Unister GmbH reserves the right to amend advertised prices at any time. Unister GmbH also reserves the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen arrangements at the time of booking.
- Unister GmbH may charge a booking service fee which will be notified to you separately during the booking process. The amount of the service fee varies depending on number of people on the booking, the flight route booked and the utilization of other services. This fee shall be non-refundable in the event of flight cancellation (including cancellations due to changes in flight timetables and/or annulments), unless Unister GmbH is liable for the cancellation.
- Unister GmbH booking service fees can be paid using the appropriate vouchers provided for this purpose. If the voucher value is equal to or less than the service fee that you are paying (including applicable taxes), your credit or debit card will be charged the difference. If the voucher value is higher than the applicable service charge (including applicable taxes), the value of the service fee will be deducted from your voucher and the remaining voucher value will be refunded to your account after the commencement of your first flight.
- The payment of the total amount shall be due immediately after availability of your booking has been confirmed by the service provider and at this time your credit card will be charged and your ticket or confirmation issued by the service provider.
- If you pay by credit card or debit card, you authorize Unister GmbH to collect the amount due from your credit card or through direct payment on behalf of the service provider. In the case of direct collection, you authorize Unister GmbH to share relevant data with the service provider in order to collect the amount due. Where Unister GmbH collects payment on behalf of the service provider, all monies you pay will be held on behalf of the service provider(s) concerned until it is paid to them or refunded to you.
- Should you revoke or not complete a payment (debit return, credit card payment return, etc.) without being entitled to do so, Unister GmbH will charge a fee of up to £50.00 for each instance, subject to your ability to prove that losses considerably less than such sums have been sustained.
V. Special Conditions for flight bookings.
- Please note that you are responsible for complying with the relevant conditions of the respective airline, which you should familiarise yourself with in good time before departure. Please particularly take note of check-in times.
- Flights booked more than 2 months in advance of departure should be checked for possible changes in flight times at least 2 to 3 days in advance of your departure and return flights. Unister GmbH will not be liable for any losses that you sustain as a result of your failure to do so.
- Please note that the airlines may have different terms and conditions regarding the travel for passengers under 18 years of age.
- Please note the airlines’ separate terms and conditions regarding the transportation of luggage, special luggage and excess luggage. Please check these before booking a flight. Unister GmbH shall not be liable for additional luggage fees levied by the airline or tour operator at the airport.
- Please note that many airlines offer an online check-in option, which may decrease fees compared to the conventional check-in. You are responsible for choosing the appropriate check-in procedure.
- Airlines may have different guidelines regarding the issuance of electronic tickets (e-tickets). In most cases, airlines issue e-tickets instead of paper tickets which you will receive in accordance with the airline’s terms and conditions. E-tickets may be sent via e-mail. Therefore, we recommend you to regularly check your Email’s Inbox and Spam folder.
- Further information regarding points 5 and 6 can be found in the respective service provider’s terms and conditions.
VI. General terms and conditions for changes and cancellations
- Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to Unister GmbH in writing, by email, fax or post, and will take effect on the day it is received.
- Whilst Unister GmbH will try to assist, such requests can not be guaranteed. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions of the service provider. See the service provider’s terms and conditions for details.
- You can generally only change a booked service by cancelling the booked service and booking of a new one. In such situations, no refunds are payable. A deviation from this rule shall only be possible if the respective service provider provides for alternatives in the terms of their contract.
- We recommend taking out travel cancellation insurance, which, if applicable, will cover the resulting cancellation costs.
- If you cancel your flight ticket before it is issued (ie the period between you completing your booking request and the service provider issuing the ticket or confirmation), a cancellation administration fee is payable. If total fare (ie the airfare and taxes) is less than £100.00, the cancellation administration fee will be £50.00 per booking and if it is over £100.00 (including taxes) the cancellation administration fee will be £100.00 per booking. Where a flight ticket is cancelled after it has been issued by the service provider, the amount of cancellation fees incurred will depend on the terms of the service provider.
- Unister will charge a service fee of up to £50.00 per ticket in every case of late changes in bookings (such as a rebooking, cancellation, refund, name changes etc). In case of a no show (failure to show up for an existing booking without first consulting Unister), a service fee of up to £100.00 per ticket may be charged. These fees do not include any costs that may also be imposed by the respective service providers in relation to the requested changes. These charges will not be imposed in the event of a cancellation of flight tickets before they are issued.
- Paragraphs 1-4 of this clause do not apply to bookings of ‘low-cost’ flights arranged by Unister. Any changes or cancellations must be dealt with directly via the service provider concerned, in accordance with their terms and conditions.
VII. Limited liability of Unister GmbH
- Unister GmbH depends on information received from the respective service provider and Unister GmbH is not able to check the information on its website for correctness and completeness. Therefore, Unister GmbH does not give you any guarantees or warranties regarding the correctness, completeness, and currency of this information. The same applies to any information provided by third parties which are referred to on this website.
- Unister GmbH will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the service provider needs to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements or to cancel them. Unister GmbH will also liaise between you and the service provider in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by them but will have no further liability to you.
- Your contract is with the service provider and its booking conditions apply. As booking agent, Unister GmbH accepts no responsibility for the actual provision of the service(s). Unister GmbH’s responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions and no responsibility is accepted for any information about the service(s) that is passed on in good faith.
- In the event that Unister GmbH is found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, its maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected).
- Unister GmbH does not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of its negligence or that of any of its employees whilst acting in the course of their employment
VIII. Notes regarding passport, visa, foreign currency or health regulations
- Unless you tell us otherwise, Unister GmbH is entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire duration of the arrangements you chose to purchase. Information on visa, passport and health requirements, where given and applicable, is so given on this basis. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the service provider, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
IX. Conversion of foreign currencies and/or language
- Should currency exchange rates be stated on the website, they will be based on various public sources and serve only as general information. The exchange rates are not checked for correctness and may therefore deviate from the day’s current rate. Furthermore, information on currencies is not updated daily. For these reasons, Unister GmbH does not assume any liability for this information.
- The services displayed and offered on Unister GmbH are delivered directly from international travel booking systems. Therefore, it is possible that terms and conditions which influence the manner, scope and terms regarding a service offered are displayed in a different language. You agree that these terms and conditions shall be applicable. Should you at anytime not understand the terms and conditions, you may at any time abandon the booking process.
X. Data protection
XI. Travel Services Ratings
- Unister GmbH offers users the opportunity to review procured services or to publish other content. Should the user take advantage of this opportunity, the following provisions shall apply:
- The user agrees to not publish the following content on the website:
- is untrue (intentionally or negligently);
- is insulting, intimidating, coercing, offensive, violence-glorifying and/or pornographic;
- is racist, race baiting, and/or otherwise punishable or unlawful;
- violates applicable law, particularly rights protecting third parties, e.g. copyrights, rights in connection with distinctive signs, patent rights, trademark rights or ancillary copyrights, personal rights or property rights, to the passing on of which the user is not entitled;
- contains links or similar data/references or which are suitable to impede the functionality of third party’s data processing equipment, particularly computers.
- The user agrees to:
- to publish a picture only if he has used the depicted image himself,
- to not review or publish a picture, if the user is being offered a reward for this service by employees, owners or operators of the travel service being reviewed or by employees of the travel organizations and their family members.
- to not give any incorrect and/or unobjective evaluations and/or false statements regarding travel services, people connected to these, and other conditions/events related to that place which could influence the decisions of other travellers.
- to give positive as well as negative reviews in the scope of the freedom of opinion mainly with the aim to enable other potential travellers/tourists to get a more comprehensive idea regarding the travel service. The same applies to uploading pictures of a hotel and the correspondent vacation.
- to not place advertisements for goods, services and/or companies in a hidden (e.g. as travelogue) and/or obvious way.
- to write comments and reviews to the best of the user’s knowledge and belief.
- to not collect, use or publish personal data of other users or their information.
B) Credit Card Security
Unister GmbH, Barfußgäßchen 11, 04109 Leipzig, Germany
Statement on credit cards payment:
- Unister GmbH provides secure procedure/methods, for the processing of non-cash payments such as credit cards, based on the current state of technology available.
- Unister GmbH will therefore never ask you to send credit card information through e-mail, fax, mail or other non- encrypted connection. If you should ever receive such a request, we ask that you please ignore it, and contact Unister GmbH immediately (Contact). However, for the purposes of identity verification and fraud prevention, you may be requested to send partially concealed credit card details by e-mail, fax or post. In this case, we ask that you please censor all digits on the front of the card except for the first 6 and final 4 digits of the credit card number.
- Unister GmbH assumes no liability for any damages resulting from the unsolicited mailing of credit card data.
- Should an infringement of the aforementioned terms and conditions of use or the reasonable suspicion of such infringement, in particular in cases of suspicion of data abuse or criminally relevant behaviour, Unister GmbH is entitled at all times to exclude the respective user from the use of this website and/or the services.
- Because the contract for your arrangements is between you and the service provider, any queries or concerns should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst away on holiday, this must be reported to the service provider immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the service provider to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result.
- You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
- These terms are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have jurisdiction (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scots or Northern Irish law, as applicable.)
We recommend downloading the terms and conditions using the following link and to save them permanently.